-GL21
The Complete Set
The Tormented Series
Codependency (In Five Parts)
A collection of poetry from GL21 & MB.
Tormented
My mind hates me...
This I don't know how to correct
It gives me constant reminders
Of things I wish to forget...
My body hates me...
This I know to be true
I've been constantly bombarded
By scars that remind me of you...
My soul hates me...
I've come to accept this fact
It keeps burning with old desires,
Trying to make me react...
My heart hates me...
This I wish to be a lie
It keeps longing to be with you,
Even if these feelings I wish to deny.
© GL21 2005
Possessed (beyond tormented)
You haunt my soul,
Every time I close my eyes
Your image appears
I'm into you more than I realize
Every corner of my mind
Your fragrance I cannot ignore
I pray for deliverance
Until then I'll crave you more
I was not supposed to
Be the one to fall so hard
I am totally consumed by you
I should have never let down my guard
You have my soul
My will is not my own
Try as I might to free myself
To you is who I belong
MB
Obsessed (Beyond Torment or Even Possession)
I must deny these feelings. . .
I cannot allow them to overtake my mind
If I lose this battle from within
My body will follow in kind.
I must cover these scars. . .
I cannot allow myself to recall
Past feelings and sensations
My soul will surely fall. . .
I must extinguish the fires. . .
No, maybe I can deal
With the way I daydream about you. . .
Self-inflicted scars take forever to heal.
I must allow myself this one chance. . .
I will try to break down this affliction.
But living with constant memories of you. . .
Always validates this very addiction.
You haunt my soul. . .
I know I've said it before.
But nothing I've said or done. . .
Will allow my heart to be ignored.
GL21 © 2005
Consumed
It was only one time
It wasn't even supposed to be
Now I cannot shake you
Craving you has taken over me
I try to deny my feeling
Wishing these urges for you would wane
I cannot bear to see you
It causes me too much pain
Why won't you release me?
Memories torment my soul
I'm possessed by an image
Some strange obsession has taken hold
I need your mercy
This cloud of memories looms
I wish I could walk away
Only once ---now I'm consumed
MB
Demented (after consumption…)
For me this has been
A yearning or feeling of torment...
Trying to understand why it shouldn't feel so good
Is the cause of my lament...
I've stated this many times before
You know, about the urges and feelings and pain...
But my obsession of having you in my possession,
Was driving me insane...
I believe the fault was mine
Thinking my thoughts were of the past...
But you and I both know
One night was all it would last...
So I cut myself that night
Nothing’s wrong with a little scar...
But who would have known
I would have gone this far...
Scars now haunt my soul
Consumed with being tormented...
And my obsession of having you in my possession,
Has left me demented…
Copyright © 2008 GL21
Fin
No comments:
Post a Comment