Wrote this during the worst month of my life... Sometimes the most difficult and painful experiences are the best inspiration...
The Backup Plan…
“Hope for the best
And plan for the worst…”
Has always been my mantra
But this is a first…
I got caught slipping
Trying to stay in my lane
Thought that everything was perfect
Now I know things won’t ever be the same
I was living in the Matrix
With no idea that the real world existed
You gave me a choice red or blue
I guess that blue pill should have been ingested
Now I’m lost in the real world
Seeing what is really going on
Don’t know what to do with myself
Since my fantasy world is long gone
Never thought this day would happen
Never thought this could be
I built my world around my beliefs
Which were based on lies You told me
So now my world is shattered
And You were so quick to move on
I’m left with all the broken pieces
Still not believing You are gone
So what am I to do now?
In my life YOU were the only constant
I never expected You not to be there
And forever change my life in an instant
I have to realize
As hard as it will be to do
But it seems You never loved me
The same way I loved You
Compromises, Concessions and Communication
Love means using those 3 C’s
I did all three for us
But You didn’t, I believe…
I’m always planning my life
I have backups to backup plans You see
However, now I realize my mistake
For You, there was never a Plan B….
Copyright © GL21 2010
Video pretty much sums it all up...


No comments:
Post a Comment