Monday, August 1, 2011

Words Unspoken...




Unspoken

“Sometimes the words that are not being said speak the loudest…”

I now know the truth…
Here’s the hard part
We can’t ever be…
We’ve grown too far apart

You didn’t say much...
You couldn’t find the words
I tried my best to fix us...
But you thought I was being absurd

Some of our words are powerful
Other words are imprecise…
My words were very true
Your words weren’t very nice…

Arms folded, pacing…
Hearts on lock down…
I always thought we would kiss the sky
And never come back down…

However as it often is…
In life there are no guarantees
The heart wants what it wants….
Regardless of what we choose to believe

Face to face we stare
Both refusing to budge
Everything Our love used to be so clear
But now it’s all smudged

Physically we’re a few feet apart...
Mentally we’re thousands of miles away…
And the reasons why are because
Of all the words that we won't say….


Copyright© GL21 3/30/2011



No comments:

Post a Comment