Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Epistle...



The Epistle

As I write these stanzas
You may think I’m insane
So instead of “Dear John”
I’ll start off “Dear Jane”

I write this letter
Please read it with care
But I can no longer abide by
The feelings we used to share

I gave you my heart
And You took it and ran
And when I asked You for Yours
You gave it to another man

So I’m moving on
No longer confused
I don’t have to take this anymore
I’m sick of the abuse

You tormented me long enough
And like a man I took it
But no longer will You manipulate me
I’m done with Your bull shit

So by now I’m sure
You’ve noticed my stuff is gone
And I’ve left You forever
So You two can be alone.

Don’t expect me to come back
No matter how hard You plead
I won’t be Your plaything
You are not what I need.

Copyright©2008 GL21


No comments:

Post a Comment