I wrote this for a friend who was going through some tough times....
Redemption
"Eventually water finds its level..." - M. Brown
You did this to me…
It’s all Your fault
I used to keep my feelings bottled up
Locked deep inside my heart
You made me do the unthinkable
Made me go places I’ve never been
It hurt me so much…
It drove me to the arms of Your friend
You cut me so deep
You were never emotionally there
The trust is gone for us
And it’s like You don’t even care
You want it to go back
To the way things used to be
But I never enjoyed those times
They weren’t pleasant memories
You lost me back then
No longer having my trust
I used to hope for You to change
But you were never serious about us
You still mean something to me
And I don’t know why You do
I loved You with my all
But Your love was never true
I don’t need this anymore
You see I’m doing just fine
You wanted what You wanted then…
And I got over You with time
Copyright © 2010 GL21
No comments:
Post a Comment