Foreshadows
“Don't ignore red flags...”
I once predicted the ending
To this deplorable thing I called a
life…
T’was a fairytale conclusion
Was going to grow old and feeble with my
wife…
But I was wrong
Alas, poor foolish, simple old me…
For the wonderful ending I sought
Was never meant to be
I once expected the existence
Of this pitiful thing I called my
family…
T’was a loving and caring group
Consisted of a man, woman and a couple
of seeds
But (again) I was wrong
Alas, that poor simple foolish dream
Because the loving group I sought
Just wasn’t in the cards, it seems
I once anticipated the appearance
Of this intriguing, helpful, beautiful
mate
She’s be caring, loving and faithful
And everything would always be so great
But (once again) I was wrong
Alas, that sad, ignorant bastard child
Who chased an implausible dream
That only lasted a short while…
Unfulfilled desires and what ifs…
Caused me so much pain and grief
But now I write these lines
And it is my only relief…
Copyright ©
GL21 4/17/2012
No comments:
Post a Comment