Friday, June 22, 2012

Hello...Fear....




FEARFUL
"For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me." -Job 3:25

My greatest concern,
Or should I say the biggest fear to me
Is that one morning You will wake up
And realize I’m not really what I appear to be

In Your mind
I’m the perfect mate
The one who can do no wrong
And the guy You believe to be so great.

It’s so very hard
To live a lie…
On the surface it seems
I’m the perfect guy…

But I know I’m not
I am reminded of my flaws daily
But You can’t see them
Love can make some visions hazy

You can’t understand
For me each day is a chore
Trying to conceal the truth
Or from it, to ignore

I hope and pray
You don’t ever see my reality
Maybe You’ll be shocked if You do
And decide to reject me.

I couldn’t accept that fate
So each day is test
For me to be what I feel I am not
And hope I don’t break down from the stress

I know one day You will wake up
While I am lying there…
And realize that I am really nothing
That is my greatest fear…

Copyright ©2009 GL21


No comments:

Post a Comment